Product under scope: Nox Clips
Nox Medical has received feedback regarding fastening of the NOX-T3 recorder to the patient by use of the NOX CLIPS.
Some patients find it difficult to use the NOX CLIPS because of the amount of force needed to open them to be able to snap them to the clothing.
Note that this issue affects mostly elderly patients or patients with rheumatism.
“Gauze Necklace” Workaround
When the T3 device has been configured for a home study it is highly recommended that a trained clinician demonstrates the use of the T3 device and the applicable accessories to the patient.
In cases where the clinician expects the patient to have any problems with using the clips to fasten the T3 recorder to the night-clothing or do any other part of the hook-up process needed the patient should be asked if there is a person that could assists him/her with the hook-up at home. In cases where this is not possible and the patient has problems with opening the clips a Gauze Necklace workaround may be used. Please note though the limitation of this workaround by reading the Notes section below carefully.
Preparation of the Gauze Necklace:
The clinician performs the following steps:
1. Prepares 1.5 cm width gauze, tubular finger bandage.
2. Estimates the length of the bandage needed to make the Gauze Necklace fit the patient (approximately 45-50 cm) and cuts off the appropriate length.
3. Snaps the T3 Recorder’s Clips on each end of the bandage to create the Gauze Necklace, as shown in the figure below.
4. After preparation of the Gauze Necklace makes sure it fits the patient well
5. Instructs the patient how to perform the hook-up by use of the Gauze Necklace
6. Before sending the patient home makes sure the carry case contains all equipment needed to finish the recording at home, including the T3 recorder with the already prepared Gauze Necklace attached
The patient performs the following steps at home:
1. Puts the Gauze Necklace attached with the T3 Recorder over his/her head.
2. Snaps the Abdomen cable to the back of the device (if not already snapped by the clinician), as shown in the figure below (step 1), places RIP belt around the Thorax and snaps its ends to the back panel of the device (step 2).
3. Adjusts the cable length as needed by wrapping it around the abdomen cable connection unit. Places a RIP belt around the abdomen and snaps in place. See figure above (step 3)
4. The hook-up of the Gauze Necklace, T3 device and RIP belts is now completed, as shown in the figure below
Use of the NOX CLIPS for attaching the T3 recorder to the patient is always preferred over the workaround by using the GAUZE NECKLACE demonstrated above, as the T3 recorder is better secured to the patient by use of the snaps than by using a Gauze Necklace.
By use of the Gauze Necklace the quality of the following signals being recorded might be affected:
- Body position and activity signals
- RIP signals
- Audio/snore signals
WARNING: TO MINIMIZE THE RISK OF ENTANGLEMENT/STRANGULATION THE GAUZE NECKLACE WORKAROUND SHOULD BE USED FOR ADULT PATIENTS ONLY.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org