Latest Revision 08 January 2014
This knowledge base article describes how to configure and setup the Nox T3 device to record differential pressure supported by the Ultima Pressure Sensor.
1. Configure the Nox T3 device
To configure a T3 device for a new recording, start the Noxturnal application and connect the device to the computer using a USB cable. Noxturnal automatically detects the device and shows information about it on the Start Page. Click on the Start a New Recording button on the Start Page and a wizard opens up which guides the user through the configuration of the T3 device.
1. From the wizard select the channels as has been selected in Figure 1.
a) Check Snore Sound to record patient respiratory sounds
b) Check the Cannula option and Mask Pressure
c) Create Pneumo Flow channel type:
- Select Edit (located in red box in figure 1)
- The wizard Manage EXG Channels appears:
Select Add New
- The wizard EXG Channel appears, edit in:
- Label: PneumoFlow
- Signal Type: In the dropdown list select >
- Press OK in EXG Channel Wizard
d) Check Channel 1 and from the drop-down list select Pneumo Flow
e) Enter oximeter information if applicable
2. Click the Next button to move to the next Step and schedule a time of the T3 device (Manually Start Recording or Start Recording At).
Note the Differential Pressure Sensor can only be turned on for 10 hours in continuous use.
Finish the next steps by selecting the battery types and editing the Patient Information.
2. Setup for the Differential Pressure Sensor and the Nox T3
To setup the Nox T3 and the differential pressure sensor for recording, please follow the steps below:
1. Connect the two Hydrophobic Filters to the Ultima Pressure Sensor.
2. Connect the white Diff Pressure Connector Cable to the Airflow & Snoring input on the Ultima Pressure Sensor device.
3. Connect the Mask Tube to the Pneumo Flow Sensor.
4. Wrap the Diff Pressure Connector Cable around the Mask Tube
5. Connect the Pneumo Flow Straight Connector (Pneumo Flow Sensor) to the CPAP/VPAP
6. Connect the Diff Pressure Connector Cable to the T3 Adapter Cable as shown in figure 9
7. Plug the two unipolar connectors in Channel 1 inputs on the Nox T3 device.
8. Plug the filter tube in the pressure port of the T3 recording device.
9. Connect the mask tubing (female x male) to the mask.
10. Fasten the Diff Pressure Connector Cable to the mask tube with medical tape; it makes it easier for the patient to unplug/plug the device during the recording.
11. On the left side of the Ultima Pressure Sensor switch the button to select the gain, Low or High.
12. On the right side of the device switch the button to power the device on.
13. Now the Status light located on the top of the device blinks green.
14. Press the T3´s middle button to start recording.
15. Now the patient is ready to go to bed.