This knowledge base article describes in detail the content of the T3 device when connected to a computer. The T3 exposes its interface as a Removable Disk flash drive in the Windows operating system. All operations on the T3 are in the form of copying files to and from the flash drive.
- ini - This is a file generated by the T3 each time it is plugged vie USB to a computer. This file contains all the details about the device such as serial number, licensing status etc. You can view this file with a text editor (e.g. Notepad, Word). The content of this file will be handled in more detail in a different knowledge base article.
- ini - This is the configuration file for the T3. You can view this file with a text editor (e.g. Notepad, Word). The content of this file will be handled in more detail in a different knowledge base article.
- Data_#.nif - This is an intermediate data file. The T3 writes its data stream into a single file for each recording session. A recording session starts when the user starts a recording or when it is scheduled to start and ends when recording duration runs out or the user manually stops it. If the T3 by any chance where to stop operation and restart then that will also result in a new recording session. The T3 device can hold any number of these *.nif files along as long as it has memory to do so.
- Data_#.naf - This is the audio file format. These files behave in the same manner as the *.nif files with regards to recording sessions. The content is the raw audio which has been encrypted. If the audio is enabled then you will always have a *.nif and *.naf files in pairs.
- npf - This file contains the patient information of the subject being recorded. The file is in an encrypted format which can be read in the Noxturnal software application.
- txt - This text file contains the event log for the current recording. The event log contains the device log for this T3 device. Each line in the event log is a particular device event, such as display turned on, oximeter connected etc. You can view this file with a text editor (e.g. Notepad, Word). The content of this file will be handled in more detail in a different knowledge base article.
- nsf - This is an internal file used by the T3 device.
- txt - This file is not visible by default. To generate this file press and hold the middle button on the T3 while connecting the T3 to a computer via USB. The log file contains a detailed device log from the T3 which is useful when troubleshooting a device. This file is normally meant for the developers and contains data which is hard to understand.
If you need further information, please contact email@example.com