In Noxturnal 5 there is a new concept introduced of Recording Types and Device Profiles that is replacing the previously used Recording Templates and the Automation Settings in Noxturnal 4 and below.
Device Profiles define:
- What channels are configured on the Nox A1 recorder
- What type of battery is used during the recording
Recording types define:
- What device profile is used for the Nox A1 recorder
- What auxiliary devices are used in the recording
- What analysis is performed when recording is downloaded
- What report is opened after the analysis has been performed
- What workspace layout is present to the user after downloading and analyzing
Noxturnal has default recording types and device profiles and below it will be demonstrated how to create a custom device profile and a custom recording type.
Step 1 - Device Profiles
The most efficient way is to start doing the device profile that can then be implemented when the custom recording type is created.
Navigate to Devices > Device Profiles on the menu bar
The Manage Device Profiles dialog is opened with the default device profiles
Select Nox A1 (online) or Nox A1 (ambulatory) from the drop down list, depending on the type of recording being performed, and click OK
Name the Device Profile and give it a description.
2. Select Channels
In this page the user can customize the device custom channels settings by selecting the configuration to be used for the Nox A1 recorder.
3. Respiration channel configuration
The user can change settings for:
a) Pressure Sensor
- Diagnostic Study: "Nasal Flow"
- nPAP Study: "Mask Pressure"
- Mixed: "Nasal Flow and Mask Pressure"
- MSLT or MWT or similar: "None"
b) Recording the full audio (playback and frequency content information) or just the minimum derived audio information (sufficient for snoring analysis based on audio)
This site also displays the internal sensors that are recording regardless of configuration. Click Next >
4. Battery Type
Select the type of battery that will be used in the recorder.
The new Device Profile has been added to the list of of available Device Profiles for Nox A1
Step 2 - Create a Recording Type
Navigate to Devices > Recording Types on the menu bar
The Recording Types dialog is opened with the default Recording Types
Select Online or Nox A1 (ambulatory) from the drop down list and click OK
In this page the user can:
- Give the Recording Type a name
- Add description (the description can be visible when hovering over the information button when configuring a Nox A1 recording)
- Choose a workspace layout
- Select analysis to be performed (for online studies after the first closing and reopening of the study, in ambulatory after downloading) and report to be opened (chosen as standard on the Recording Results page)
- Add Auxiliary devices to be used in the recording (types of auxiliary devices is different for Online and Ambulatory)
- Select the required device profiles on the devices which have such options (e.g for Nox A1 the user should be able to add the custom one from step 1)
Make the arrangement you want and click OK
The new Recording Type has been added to the list of available Recording Types for Nox A1
The new recording type should be available when configuring a Nox A1 recording.
For further information please contact email@example.com